Terms and Conditions
The information I collect
Why I collect it
· To provide and operate the services and for legitimate interest
· To provide our customers with ongoing customer assistance and technical support
· To be able to contact our visitors and users with general or personalised service-related notices and promotional messages
· To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we may use to provide and improve our respective services for legitimate interest
· To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How I store, use and share personal information
Your data may be stored through my website's data storage, databases and applications. Info is stored on secure servers behind a firewall. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Please note that we will NEVER share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Online Shopping Security
I use PayPal for all our online shopping transactions. Keeping information about you secure is very important to me and this payment process encrypts data using SSL. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst I strive to protect your personal information, I cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to me, and you do so at your own risk.
How I communicate with you
I may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement I may have with you. For these purposes I may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
Accessing and updating your personal information
I will always let you have a copy of personal information I have about you, should you request it, and you may correct it if you wish. Instructions about how to do this are available from
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer or device's hard drive. They make certain features of a website possible, such as sharing content with friends on social networks or allowing us to improve, both your user experience and the experience of others, by monitoring how the website is navigated.
Cookies used on the Website
The website uses the following cookies set out below.
These enable you to carry out some essential functions on the website, such as maintaining log in details for a transaction or preserving your basket. They also help by minimising the need to transfer information across the internet and expire when you terminate your browser session.
Google Analytics Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics. This is a web analytics service provided by Google enabling us to monitor how the website is accessed and navigated - we use this information to make improvements to the general user experience.
This website uses Facebook plugins that enable our customers to comment on products, share, like and recommend pages to their friends.
This website uses AddThis sharing widgets enabling our customers to share pages with their friends via a number of different social media platforms.
How to disable cookies
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many antispyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about antispyware software – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware. You can also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
1. Access to and Use of my Site
1.1 Access to My Site is free of charge.
1.2 It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access My Site.
1.3 Access to MY Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue MY Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. I will not be liable to you in any way if My Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
SALE OF GOODS WEBSITE DISCLAIMER
1.1 The Content on My Site does not constitute advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only
1.2 Insofar as is permitted by law, I make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that My Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure. If, as a result of My failure to exercise reasonable care and skill, any digital content from My Site damages your device or other digital content belonging to you and you are a consumer, you may be entitled to certain legal remedies. For more details concerning your rights and remedies as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
1.3 I make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. I do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date. Please note that this exception does not apply to information concerning goods for sale through My Site.
2. Goods, Pricing and Availability
2.1 We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of Goods and Bespoke Goods available from me correspond to the actual Goods and/or Bespoke Goods that you will receive. Please note, however, the following:
2.1.1 Images of Goods and Bespoke Goods are for illustrative purposes only. There may be slight variations between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in computer displays and lighting conditions and, in the case of Bespoke Goods, variations resulting from your specific requirements;
2.1.2 Images and/or descriptions of packaging are for illustrative purposes only; the actual packaging may vary
Please note that sub-Clause 2.1 does not exclude my responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on my part and refers only to minor variations of the correct Goods and/or Bespoke Goods, not to different ones altogether. Please contact me directly via if you receive incorrect Goods and/or Bespoke Goods.
2.2 Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required size, materials, colour, or chose text for the items that you are purchasing.
2.3 If you order Bespoke Goods from me, I will make and customise them to your specifications and requirements, as detailed in the descriptions accompanying such products on my Site. When you place an Order for Bespoke Goods, I will provide details of the information required from you.
2.4 When placing an Order for Bespoke Goods, please ensure that all information that you provide to me is correct, accurate, and complete. I cannot accept the return of any Bespoke Goods if that return is due to incorrect information provided by you. Please note that this does not affect your legal rights.
2.5 I cannot guarantee that Goods and/or Bespoke Goods will always be available. Stock indications are not currently provided on my Site.
2.6 Minor changes may, from time to time, be made to certain Goods and/or Bespoke Goods between your Order being placed and being processed, for example, to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, or to address particular technical or security issues. Any such changes will not change any main characteristics of the Goods or Bespoke Goods and will not normally affect your use of those Goods and/or Bespoke Goods. However, if any change is made that would affect your use of the Goods and/or Bespoke Goods, I will contact you before going ahead with the order.
2.7 I make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on my Site are correct at the time of going online. I reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed.
2.8 All prices are checked by me before I accept your Order. In the unlikely event that I have shown incorrect pricing information, I will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of the mistake. If the correct price is lower than that shown when you made your Order, I will simply charge you the lower amount and continue processing your Order. If the correct price is higher, I will give you the option to purchase the Goods and/or Bespoke Goods at the correct price or to cancel your Order (or the affected part of it). I will not proceed with processing your Order in this case until you respond. If I do not receive a response from you within 7 working days, I will treat your Order as cancelled and notify you of this in writing.
2.9 In the event that the price of Goods and/or Bespoke Goods you have ordered changes between your Order being placed and me processing that Order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on Our Site at the time of placing your Order.
2.10 Delivery charges are not included in the price of Goods or Bespoke Goods displayed on my Site. Delivery options and related charges will be presented to you as part of the order process. Please see the section 4 on Delivery & Returns.
3. Orders – How Contracts Are Formed
3.1 My Site will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your Order you will be given the opportunity to review your Order and amend it. Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it. In particular, if you are ordering Bespoke Goods, please check the details you have provided carefully as I may not be able to accommodate changes once I have begun making and / or customising your item/s.
3.2 If, during the order process, you provide me with incorrect or incomplete information, please contact me as soon as possible. If I am unable to process your Order due to incorrect or incomplete information, I will contact you to ask to correct it. If you do not give me the accurate or complete information within a reasonable time, I will cancel your Order. If I incur any costs as a result of your incorrect or incomplete information, I may pass those costs on to you.
3.3 No part of my Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that I may, at my sole discretion, accept. Acknowledgement of receipt of your Order does not mean that I have accepted it. My acceptance is indicated by an Order Confirmation by email. Only once I have sent you an Order Confirmation will there be a legally binding Contract between me and you.
3.4 Order Confirmations shall contain the following information:
3.4.1 Your Order Number;
3.4.2 Confirmation of the Goods and/or Bespoke Goods ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Goods and/or Bespoke Goods;
3.4.3 Fully itemised pricing for the Goods and/or Bespoke Goods ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
3.4.4 Estimated delivery date(s);
4. Delivery & Returns
1. We aim to despatch your parcel within 2 working days. Parcels more than often leave next working day after we receive your order. If something is out of stock or we cannot despatch your parcel straight away you will be contacted and told as soon as possible.
2. Please note that most UK parcels are sent Royal Mail 2nd class. These will be delivered by your postman, who should put a card through your door if you are out.
3. If your UK parcel hasn't arrived within 7-10 days and you have no card, it is important that you check the local sorting office to see if your parcel has been left there for you. If your parcel is not collected within 2 weeks of it arriving it will be returned to us and you will have to pay further postage to have it re-sent.
4. Shipping is available worldwide and charged according to weight. We use the cheapest possible method of shipping to keep your costs as low as possible.
5. International shipping is also sent via Royal Mail.
6. If your order is urgent, please Message directly via Facebook 'Gallery Valentine' and ask us to arrange 1st class or Special Delivery. We will be able to quote you for the extra amount payable and take your order over the phone.
7. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF THE ROYAL MAIL IS EXPERIENCING LONGER DELIVERY TIMES DUE TO EITHER SEVERE WEATHER CONDITIONS, OR SHEER VOLUME OF PARCELS.
8. Refund & Return Policy
If you have ordered customised / bespoke items - these cannot be returned as they have been produced especially for you and are therefore, not resaleable. On standard items, you have the right to cancel within seven days of your order, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you do cancel your order, you will have your payment returned once the goods have arrived back and are in the same unused / unworn / undamaged condition as when they were despatched. Please contact us via email to arrange this before returning your goods. Please also note that if your goods have been despatched you will be responsible for the return of those goods to us at your own cost and refunds do not include shipping charges.
1. Requests for EXCHANGES must be made within 7 days of receipt, and goods must be returned in UNUSED condition and original packaging within seven days. Please note that additional postage costs may be incurred.
2. Customers are responsible for return postage on returns & exchanges and are responsible for the goods until they reach us, - INSURED, trackable return mail is suggested.
Every care is taken to ensure that all the descriptions on the site are correct. Photographs of goods are as accurate as we can get them, but due to variations in colour and the nature of the digital image, goods may vary slightly in colour from the colours displayed on your computer monitor.
1. All courses include all materials unless otherwise stated.
2. The full amount of the course fee is payable at the time of booking to secure a place on a course.
3. Booking a place on one of our courses is similar to booking a seat at the theatre. It is not possible to swap and cancel and the "the show must go on". Therefore should you need to cancel your place on a course for any reason, the cancellation charges are as follows: Cancellation within 28 days of course date = 50% of course fee payable unless place is re-filled. Cancellation within 0-21 days of course date = 100% of course fee payable unless place is re-filled. Sometimes courses are over-subscribed so we hold a waiting list and MAY be able to re-fill a place, but if you are unable to attend you are welcome to send someone in your place. Please let us know your replacement's name, phone number and email address as soon as possible before the course date.
4. In the very unlikely event that WE have to cancel a course, then a replacement course will be offered. We will attempt to give as much notice as possible. Please note however, that we cannot accept responsibility for any costs or adverse effects of rescheduling courses.
5. Booking and attendance on any course is completely at customer’s own risk and we shall not be held liable for any personal issues, loss or damage to person or property (unless due to negligence on our part), travel, parking or any other costs, arising from attendance on any of our courses.
6. During each course, we will endeavour to instruct and guide every ‘student’ safely through the procedures and use of the tools and equipment, but they do so at their own risk. They are assumed to be proclaiming a certain level of competence by booking a place on the course in the first place. Any student deemed to be unsafe or dangerously incapable, will be asked to leave the course if the safely of themselves or other attendees or the ‘teacher’ is considered to be at risk. In this instance, no refunds will be given.
7. Courses do not provide official qualifications but are purely for enjoyment and extension of skills, knowledge and understanding in relation to craft and sustainability.
Your Legal Right to Cancel – for non customised / bespoke goods & services. (Cooling Off Period)
1. If you are a consumer in the European Union, you have a legal right to a “cooling off” period within which you can cancel the Contract for any reason. This period begins once your Order is accepted and I have sent you an Order Confirmation, i.e. when the Contract between you and I is formed. The period ends at the end of 14 calendar days after that date.
2. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel, you must inform me of your decision within the cooling off period. Cancellation by email or by post is effective from the date on which you send Us your message. Please note that the cooling off period lasts for whole calendar days.
3. I may ask you why you have chosen to cancel and may use any answers you provide to improve my services in the future, however please note that you are under no obligation to provide any details if you do not wish to.
4. If the Services are to begin within the cooling off period you acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. If the Services are fully performed within the 14 calendar day cooling off period, you will lose your right to cancel once the Services begin.